• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thierry Chaput 99

pedro

Yesterday I had a chenin blanc 99 from Thierry Chaput. I didn't know neither the AOC, Montlouis, or the producer.

It seemed to me a very good wine to start getting familiar with chenin blanc, easier to drink that Coulée de Serrant, for instance.

I've performed a search on the site about this producer without any results. Anyone here knows more about him?

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

I don't know this producer, but Montlouis is identical to Vouvray in character. While Montlouis does not reach the heights of the very best wines of Vouvray, many very good wines are produced that are often better than many wines with the more famous Vouvray name. This producer does not even show up on a Google search, which is not a surprise as there are many small estate wines.

Craig, the wine was brought over from France by a sommelier I know as a consequence of a talk about Loire wines.

A search with "Thierry Chaput" Montlouis gives some results, yielding a not working web site: www.montlouischaput.com

PS: It was a dry wine.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)