• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN:  Marietta OV Lot #34

Redwinger

At Chateau Redwinger, we've sipped through a bit of Lots #31-#33 over the past year. Lot 31 was my favorite of those "vintages", but 32 and 33 were quite respectable considering the $10 tarrif. Well, Lot #34 recently arrived and it is definitely not a worthy successor to the previous efforts. Sweet candied fruit, with no acidity or tannic structure whatsoever. OK, I'll say it! It was flabby and cloying. Someone mentioned that if this was communion wine at his church he'd change faiths.

Redwinger

Edited by Redwinger (log)
"I'm trying to think but nothing happens"

Interesting. I work for the Ontario agent for this wine and have therefore tasted Lots 32 and 33 (both yummy). I wonder what they've tinkered with. Since it's a non-vintage blend, you'd think they could achieve a fairly high level of consistency. That is, if they're not just experimenting with each lot.