• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Papillon 25

erico

When they first opened I called to find out what kind of menu they had. Whoever answered the phone told me "we have chicken, fish and stuff like veal parmigiana." Haven't gotten there! Also, they have a liquor license.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Papillon is a joint venture between the liquor store nextdoor and Yannick, who

previously ran a small (5-7 table) BYO restaurant and catering place down the street. Her food there was French/Cajun/ California cuisine and seemingly known by very few. We could always get a table and her cooking was very good.

The new restaurant is much larger and very nicely appointed. The staff is

professional and the expanded menu retains Yankck's unique style. Prices have risen and BYO is but a memory. The wine list is extensive and interestingly has

more reds listed for $25 than usually seen. Dining there makes a pleasant night

out.

There's a Papillon in Nutley, too - that's what i thought this thread was about! Has anyone been to the place in Nutley? If so, what do you think?

You may get more info if you post Papillon in Nutley on a separate thread.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE