• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Skyy Spirits and Miller team up

beans

In a PRNewswire story from yesterday, (these never seem to be directly linkable) this announcement appeared.

Gist of it here in a short cut and paste:

MILWAUKEE, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- This March, Miller Brewing Company and SKYY Spirits are teaming up again to expand the popular SKYY Blue flavored malt beverage brand by introducing SKYY Sport -- an ultra-premium, low-carb, citrus-flavored malt beverage with a splash of cranberry. SKYY Sport contains 160 calories and 15 grams of carbohydrates per serving, which is half the carbs of most other top-selling flavored malt beverages.

SKYY Sport quenches consumers' desire for new and exciting flavored malt beverages while satisfying increasing demand for low-carb products. SKYY Sport builds on SKYY Blue's ultra-premium, sophisticated image, but is positioned for a more casual and active lifestyle. It has a citrus flavor with a hint of cranberry and appeals to carb-conscious flavored malt beverage drinkers. The new offering presents an opportunity to attract legal-drinking- age consumers both to the SKYY Blue franchise and to the Miller Brewing portfolio.

Busy, busy bees at Skyy -- new flavoured vodka on the way, too.

Before anyone states a solid YUK to the product concept, those Mike's Hard Lemonade types sell very well in the summer. In fact when I really couldn't commit to a glass of wine, a beer or a Margarita, a tall cup of ice and one of these sorts of beverages (I like the Mike's Cranberry Lemonade and Skyy Blue) are quite refreshing and very relaxing poolside. I just can't drink more than one.... :wink: