• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2000 Cantina Laccagnini

Rich Pawlak

I've just received this wine as an early Christmas gift with its clever straw necklace and twig decoration. Can anyone tell me about this wine? I've enjoyed Montepulciano d'Abruzzos for years ( I enjoy pouring these at casual parties and barbeques) but have never seen this one. Just curious about its qualities and suitability. Thanks!

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I haven't drunk it but 'vini d'italia 2004' gives it 2 black glasses (which means good to excellent)

and says (I translate literally for comic effect)

'demonstrates a well expressed nose and a secure and balanced gustatory development'"

hope this helps

there are 2 Zaccagnini

Ciccio Zaccagnini from Bologano (PE)  in Abruzzo and

Fratellli Zaccagnini  from Staffolo (AN) in le Marche who make Verdicchio

Thanks - I can't find the one in Abruzzo anywhere. Where did you find it?

Never mind I found it in Veronelli. I can't see without my glasses anymore!

According to Veronelli it is pretty middle-of-the-road stuff. They do give the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Il Tralcetto and San Clemente 2 stars so they should be quite nice.

Thanks, Craig, I'm looking forward to drinking it, and will toast you and Balex when I do.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"