• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN Pinot Noir Copain Hacienda Secoya Vyd 2002

tcizma

I have been a fan of Copain wines since I met the winemaker, Wells Guthrie, last year.

Now I love Burgundy almost more than anything, but these american pinots have really got my attention.

Incredidible body, expression of terroir, and most importantly, true representation of varietal character. I've included a link below to the website and his tasting notes, and I generally agree with what he finds in the wine.

Amazingly, this wine has been open for three days ( I'm drinking the last glass right now) and it is absolutely at it's best. The asian spice component is really fascinating, sort of like lemongrass and opium smoke mingled together.

Not that I would know what opium smoke smells like, I'm just imagining.

The lingering impression is of dried fruit ( think cherry, prune, craisin ) macerated in sambuca.

http://www.copainwines.com/Vineyards/hacie...enda_secoya.htm

wine is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
Ted Cizma

www.cheftedcizma.com