• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN Bordeaux ( Pauillac ) Clerc Milon 1992

tcizma

Found this straggler from a case I bought a few years ago. I remembered it as being a little tightly wound, but with really promising hints of powerful fruit. I took it with to drink with dinner at a bistro and had the server open and decant it immediately. We took our time drinking a bottle of Chassagne Montrachet ( I'll post that next) while we ordered and ate appetizers. I poured the first glass of the Clerc Milon after it had been open about an hour. At first impression, I thought that it had not really evolved much. About a glass and and half later I realized that it was really shaping up.

After being open about two hours ( and gaining a couple of degrees in temperature ) it really started to show. This wine has ripping lush fruit with a powerful herbal characteristic, almost exotic. Think eating a really ripe plum while burning sandalwood incense.

The wine has lots of fruit in reserve, and while not exactly youthful, it gives the impression of plenty of promise in the next few years.

wine is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
Ted Cizma

www.cheftedcizma.com