• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 1994 Dom. des Comte Lafon Meursault 1er (Clos

tjaehnigen

1994 Domaine des Comte Lafon Meursault 1er (Clos de la Barre?)

This was tasted at the November 2003 DC Crü Event

This was a nice, deep golden color. It was a tad on the warm side, but it was voluptuous and silky. THIS is the wine that gave me the sense of a fresh hardback book’s pages, especially near the spine. I thought at first that it reminded me of faint Brussel Sprouts, but I think my nose was just recalibrating to the cool and delectable book paper/binding. I also got more interesting descriptors as I consumed this in the form of peach sorbet, slight peppermint and cotton candy, white fruits, orange peel, gunpowder and more of the fresh book paper. This was pretty terrific. Worth 92 TJ points.

(Jaimetown’s TNs)-- My WOTN. It was a little warm, but the wine was complex, elegant and silky. I need to consciously purchase and age some white burgundy.