• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2000 Pertimali Rosso di Montalcino

tjaehnigen

2000 Pertimali Rosso di Montalcino Sassetti Livio

TJ points = 87

Tasted these out of Spigelau Bordeaux stems. Paired it with Pasta Plus pizza. I did not decant this wine. It was bacsically a drink & pour.

Medium violet dark color. No legs to speak of, well, REALLY slow tiny millipede like legs if you can call them that. Not too shabby. This wine had a really incredible nose at first. It blew off after about 20 minutes, but it really wowed me with macerated sour cherries and, I know this is gonna sound weird, but easter egg/food coloring. This later devolved to delectable cherries, some floral notes and allspice. This wine had a good mouth-coating feeling, but still has some good acidity to not make it cloying. Tannins are fine, but definitely there in the background. This wine evoked more of the cherries, balanced by some nice vanilla and spices. Nice finish.