• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Canon de Brem 1982

Coop

I had the good fortune of wedding Mrs Coop in 1982. Over the years we have drunk from our cellar, Tig 82, Potensac 82, Caymus regular 82, Cos D'Estournal 82, Fontanafredda and Marchesi de Barolo 82 and a few bottles of this fine little wine. Found it to be holding up very well. Cedar cigar box flavour seem to be stronger then the cassis. the nose is what you would expect for a 21 year old wine but still seems to have something left for the future. Now down to one bottle of Cos, one of Font Barolo and a bottle of Palmer 82.

Served wine with a roasted chicken with a pan sauce made from roasted chicken stock. Perfect compliment to fine wine in my opinion. Sides of roasted new potatos with Walla Walla onions, mange tout and glazed carrots. Hope to have many more of these dinners with Mrs Coop.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Congrats on the anniversary. Glad the Canon de Brem is holding up. I have some 1999's as well as mags of the same. They drink well now after an hour decanted but most of what I have left I may hold. Afew more mags still available so pehaps I need to go shopping. The wifes away for a few more weeks so she'll never notice. :)

slowfood/slowwine

Oh yeah I also have a Magnum of La Domanique 82. I think it should be right for the 30 year soiree. What do you think? I hear the St. Emilions and Pommerols were the way to go in 82. We got very few upon release in Vancouver.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/