• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: Ca' De' Medici ' Vino Frizzante Rosso

Carema

Today is my son's 8th birthday. The cottonwoods have released their children, and from the sunny sky a torrent of these little seeds, each attached to its very own cloud fairy parachute. For most it is just a joy ride. They will alight upon the hard ground and find themselves unable to germinate. But it was fun.

To celebrate, I am drinking a fizzy cool delight from Emilia Romagna, a Lambrusco. The wine is a little cold, and reminds me of blueberry fizz soda with a kick. Except then, deep in the background a hard minerality that is practically unnerving; the finish is so dry it is like licking a stone. And perfect with this some thin elastic slices of prosciutto di danielle, and roasted pistachio meats. The eight year old swaggers over for prosciutto (fat ripped off) some nuts, and a dirty index finger dipped in Lambrusco. I guess I should go have him wash his hands. But this is an uninterruptable moment.

over it