• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

typo

1 hour ago, nochefschoice said:

Sometimes on busy days or when quick meals are needed, I would dunk muesli from a pack into a mug, top it up with some cold cold milk, and have it like a cereal.

But then I sold the idea to someone else. And they said it tasted like cardboard.

So hold on a minute, is this the wrong way to eat muesli or what?

I've seen folks eat it in that manner.  That doesn't mean it's right or wrong, but it certainly seems to be common.  A lady friend from Colombia enjoyed a version of muesli in that fashion, and Sweetie, who was from Argentina, would enjoy flaked oatmeal in a glass and just pour milk over the cold, uncooked flakes and let 'em soak a bit. Lucia, a friend from Peru, would do likewise.  Of course, seeing them eat it that way, I had to try it for myself.  A nice muesli with fruit and perhaps some sweetener lends itself very well to that technique.  I'm sure that if you searched the 'net you'd find that to be not only common, but a preferred way of eating it.

Shel_B

Shel_B

36 minutes ago, nochefschoice said:

Sometimes on busy days or when quick meals are needed, I would dunk muesli from a pack into a mug, top it up with some cold cold milk, and have it like a cereal.

But then I sold the idea to someone else. And they said it tasted like cardboard.

So hold on a minute, is this the wrong way to eat muesli or what?

I've seen folks eat it in that manner.  That doesn't mean it's right or wrong, but it certainly seems to be common.  A lady friend from Colombia enjoyed a version of muesli in that fashion, and Sweetie, who was from Argentina, would enjoy flaked oatmeal in a glass and just pour milk over the cold, uncooked flakes and let 'em soak a it. Lucia, a friend from Peru, would do likewise.  Of course, seeing them eat it that way, I had to try it for myself.  A nice muesli with fruit and perhaps some sweetener lends itself very well to that technique.  I'm sure that if you searched the 'net you'd find that to be not only common, but a preferred way of eating it.