• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

31 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Tamarind is a new to me flavour. I know of it's existence but had never tasted it. The tamarind/chili/salt rim was a great foil to the sweet mango marg. I appreciated that the entire glass wasn't rimmed, as it allows one to not partake on every sip.

You may want to bring some home. It adds a unique sweet/tart but deeper like Viet caramel to many cuisines. Cheap fun to play oth ;)

And the seeds are lovely - always remind me of the classic movie "The Tamrnd Seed' with Julie Andrews and the oh so swoon worthy Omar Sharif. 

heidih

heidih

28 minutes ago, MaryIsobel said:

Tamarind is a new to me flavour. I know of it's existence but had never tasted it. The tamarind/chili/salt rim was a great foil to the sweet mango marg. I appreciated that the entire glass wasn't rimmed, as it allows one to not partake on every sip.

You may want to bring some home. It adds a unique sweet/tart but deeper like Viet caramel to many cuisines. Cheap fun to play oth ;)