• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Just got home from our worst meal to date. We chose the place because it had great reviews on Trip Advisor, was steps from our lodging; it has been pouring rain most of the day and they had fish and chips which my husband felt he could manage. (He is not supposed to have anything crunchy or chewy or spicy or fibrous for the time being.) All the reviews raved about the empanadas there, so I ordered a chicken one and a Caesar salad. Empanada was pale, not the least bit crispy and was dripping oil. I ate the filling. My caesar salad was warmer than room temperature and had chicken in it which was not mentioned on the menu. I was kind of afraid to eat it so I just ate the croutons. Husbands chips were good but the fish must have been fried in the same not-hot-enough oil as my empanada and had no discernible seasoning. He was starving so he ate it. I will be leaving my own review! Fortunately I bought ice cream yesterday so we're about to have chocolate ice cream with a sliced banana. (No pictures because I forgot my phone.)

Edited to add: The restaurant was called Cafe Orange and after a few minutes of arriving, we were the only people in the restaurant.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Just got home from our worst meal to date. We chose the place because it had great reviews on Trip Advisor, was steps from our lodging; it has been pouring rain most of the day and they had fish and chips which my husband felt he could manage. (He is not supposed to have anything crunchy or chewy or spicy or fibrous for the time being.) All the reviews raved about the empanadas there, so I ordered a chicken one and a Caesar salad. Empanada was pale, not the least bit crispy and was dripping oil. I ate the filling. My caesar salad was warmer than room temperature and had chicken in it which was not mentioned on the menu. I was kind of afraid to eat it so I just ate the croutons. Husbands chips were good but the fish must have been fried in the same not-hot-enough oil as my empanada and had no discernible seasoning. He was starving so he ate it. I will be leaving my own review! Fortunately I bought ice cream yesterday so we're about to have chocolate ice cream with a sliced banana. (No pictures because I forgot my phone.)