• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Duplicate pictures removed

Last night for dinner we went to Oliver's a place we had been to last year.  John had the seafood fettuccini in a yellow curry sauce.  The fettuccine had shrimp, salmon, and cod in it and he asked for scallops to be added to the dish.  The make-up of his dish is hard to see under the blanket of grated cheese.   I had the fresh halibut.  John loved his dish, I would have loved mine instead of just liking it if the halibut and not been slightly overcooked.   This place was are staying in is amazing as to how central it is to everything.  We are within a few blocks of all the restaurants we had a hankering to eat at with the exception of one, and it was less than a kilometer away.  Unfortunately it is uphill so we drove.  By the time I fully get my "St. John's legs" I'll be on my way home.

Lunch/brunch today is at the Merchant Tavern.  After that, we are going to the community of Calvert to a kitchen party.  Should be fun.

P_20190802_190857_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190802_190840_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190802_184005_vHDR_Auto.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Last night for dinner we went to Oliver's a place we had been to last year.  John had the seafood fettuccini in a yellow curry sauce.  The fettuccine had shrimp, salmon, and cod in it and he asked for scallops to be added to the dish.  The make-up of his dish is hard to see under the blanket of grated cheese.   I had the fresh halibut.  John loved his dish, I would have loved mine instead of just liking it if the halibut and not been slightly overcooked.   This place was are staying in is amazing as to how central it is to everything.  We are within a few blocks of all the restaurants we had a hankering to eat at with the exception of one, and it was less than a kilometer away.  Unfortunately it is uphill so we drove.  By the time I fully get my "St. John's legs" I'll be on my way home.

Lunch/brunch today is at the Merchant Tavern.  After that, we are going to the community of Calvert to a kitchen party.  Should be fun.

P_20190802_184005_vHDR_Auto.jpg