• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

2 hours ago, cdh said:

Dude, all ales at USA room temp?  That's hard core.  In the UK, room temp is lower than here, and they keep the beer in the cellar, which keeps it around 55F... Try some ale-yeast-fermented beers at around that temperature.

I think the darker the ale the higher the room temperature? I think I saw that on some scale chart. 

I'm too lazy to correlate proper serving temp for each type of ale so I just drink it at room temp and cold for lagers 

I did try chilling and icing some of my ales on a hot day from Allagash and Founders and the taste was lost and I tasted less of it 

These beers are pretty pricey and twice the cost of mass market lager so I try to get the most enjoyment possible 

but what's weird is that with Blue Moon Beligian ale, it seems to taste better cold or over ice even though it's an ale? 

I mean..it is mass market beer so the flavor isn't really that high and I'm assuming the average beer drinker always drinks there lagers and ales cold from the frig (so Blue Moon designed it to be drunk from frig maybe??)

I tried Stone brewery and haven't been a fan of theirs - not even there xocoveza that is probably alright but not that great 

eugenep

eugenep

2 hours ago, cdh said:

Dude, all ales at USA room temp?  That's hard core.  In the UK, room temp is lower than here, and they keep the beer in the cellar, which keeps it around 55F... Try some ale-yeast-fermented beers at around that temperature.

I think the darker the ale the higher the room temperature? I think I saw that on some scale chart. 

I'm too lazy to correlate proper serving temp for each type of ale so I just drink it at room temp and cold for lagers 

I did try chilling and icing some of my ales on a hot day from Allagash and Founders and the taste was lost and I tasted less of it 

These beers are pretty pricey and twice the cost of mass market lager so I try to get the most enjoyment possible 

but what's weird is that with Blue Moon Beligian ale, it seems to taste better cold or over ice even though it's an ale? 

I mean..it is mass market beer so the flavor isn't really that high and I'm assuming the average beer drinker always drinks there lagers and ales cold from the frig 

I tried Stone brewery and haven't been a fan of theirs - not even there xocoveza that is probably alright but not that great