• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Day 4

We had such a nice time at Acacia House, we decided to go back for lunch where they have a reasonably-priced prix fixe menu.

Lunch at Acacia House

Acacia House

I started with their signature Margarita which is topped with what looks like egg white but is actually sea salt foam. Fun idea! The foam is a lot more delicate than a traditional salt rim. Grated lime on top.

Lunch at Acacia House

The cold soup of watermelon and strawberry was really great, served with a dollop of cream with chives and little accents of local olive oil, a touch of heat. Every spoonful was slightly different. I wish I had the recipe as I could eat this every day in summer!

Lunch at Acacia House

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Day 4

We had such a nice time at Acacia House, we decided to go back for lunch where they have a reasonably-priced prix fixe menu.

Lunch at Acacia House

Acacia House

I started with their signature Margarita which is topped with what looks like egg white but is actually sea salt foam. Fun idea! The foam is a lot more delicate than a traditional salt rim. Grated lime on top.

Lunch at Acacia House

The cold soup of watermelon and strawberry was really great, served with a dollop of cream with chives and little accents of local olive oil, a touch of heat. Every spoonful was slightly different. I wish I had the recipe as I could eat this every day in summer!

Lunch at Acacia House

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Day 4

Lunch at Acacia House

Lunch at Acacia House

Lunch at Acacia House