• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

Everything is Drool worthy.  Thank goodness all that didn’t catch on fire with last catastrophe in the area.  May I ask what the wine tasting fees are like?  I’ve heard they are quite pricey compared to what is charged around the Okanagan.  Fees here are usually $5 for 3 to 5 wines to try and it is almost always waived if you purchase a bottle.

We saw the areas where the Tubbs fire had been outside of town in the wooded areas, but overall there was less damage than we feared. 

The tastings fees were around $25 a person (for 4-6 wines depending on the winery), waived if you bought a bottle (or a subscription). 

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

Everything is Drool worthy.  Thank goodness all that didn’t catch on fire with last catastrophe in the area.  May I ask what the wine tasting fees are like?  I’ve heard they are quite pricey compared to what is charged around the Okanagan.  Fees here are usually $5 for 3 to 5 wines to try and it is almost always waived if you purchase a bottle.

We saw the areas where the Tubbs fire had been outside of town in the wooded areas, but overall there was a lot less damage than we feared. 

The tastings fees were around $25 a person (for 4-6 wines depending on the winery), waived if you bought a bottle (or a subscription).