• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

emmeyekayeee

emmeyekayeee

Ok. You've convinced me ( along with the other responders) to try it. I don't have a pressure cooker, but I will use a whole utility chicken and maybe a nice big ham bone, cook for 10 minutes and, ugh, drain the pot and rinse the meat/bones. Then start the broth making. I'm going to try to use whole flavour ingredients and not powdered. I will try to adhere strictly to the tried and true methods and not attempt a shortcut. Perhaps if I can get some success, I can learn to streamline so future batches won't feel tedious.

emmeyekayeee

emmeyekayeee

Ok. You've convinced me ( along with the other responders) to try it. I don't have a pressure cooker, but I will use a whole utility chicken and maybe a nice big ham bone, book for 10 minutes and, ugh, drain the pot and rinse the meat/bones. Then start the broth making. I'm going to try to use whole flavour ingredients and not powdered. I will try to adhere strictly to the tried and true methods and not attempt a shortcut. Perhaps if I can get some success, I can learn to streamline so future batches won't feel tedious.