• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

OldHobo

OldHobo

Grammar correction

52 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

The one that I ate in Memphis was at Payne's.  On another note, I just realized that I never added my Memphis food report - it was back in June 2016.  A little late now.

In Memphis, BBQ is either pork shoulder or pork ribs. The chopped pork sandwiches at Payne's BBQ are among the best in town and the only thing I've had there.  Here is the menu. Nowadays I eat out on average less than once a month. So for the most part, if I can't make it at home I don't eat it.

OldHobo

OldHobo

28 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

The one that I ate in Memphis was at Payne's.  On another note, I just realized that I never added my Memphis food report - it was back in June 2016.  A little late now.

In Memphis, BBQ is either pork shoulder or pork ribs. The chopped pork sandwiches at Payne's BBQ is among the best in town and the only thing I've had there.  Here is the menu. Nowadays I eat out on average less than once a month. So for the most part, if I can't make it at home I don't eat it.