• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

55 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Airline food is typically sad, in my experience.  It didn't used to be that way, and I've seen exceptions recently with foreign carriers, but I usually buy something at great extravagance in the terminal to eat on the airplane.

39 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

That would have been a good plan!

Should you decide to do this on your return flight, the food at SEA is not as overpriced as many airports - the airport outposts of local restaurants charge the same prices as in town.  You can grab something to go from Beecher's, Ivar's or Dish D'Dlish or if you have time to kill, Anthony's has a sit-down restaurant where you can enjoy a local brew, fish & chips or something from their menu (the salmon burger used to be my guilty pleasure) with a view of the runways.  

Not food-related, but fun is the Fireworks location in the airport if you need last minute gifts to haul home.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

28 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Airline food is typically sad, in my experience.  It didn't used to be that way, and I've seen exceptions recently with foreign carriers, but I usually buy something at great extravagance in the terminal to eat on the airplane.

13 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

That would have been a good plan!

Should you decide to do this on your return flight, the food at SEA is not as overpriced as many airports - the airport outposts of local restaurants the same prices as in town.  You can grab something to go from Beecher's, Ivar's or Dish D'Dlish or if you have time to kill, Anthony's has a sit-down restaurant where you can enjoy a local brew, fish & chips or something from their menu (the salmon burger used to be my guilty pleasure) with a view of the runways.  

Not food-related, but fun is the Fireworks location in the airport if you need last minute gifts to haul home.