• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jaymer

jaymer

I have large amounts of SV chicken, both white (boneless, skinless breast) & dark (boneless, skinless thighs).

I already use it for LOTS of stuff... from chicken to go in kids' lunches to quickly toss onto salad.

Its super quick to stir fry/saute some onions/brocc and toss in chicken.

Had chicken tacos last night - use a griddle and toast up strips of meat and tortillas.  

If we leave the thighs whole, my boy likes to toast buns & eat plain chicken sandwiches.  Loves the thighs much more than breasts.

Easy italian is a pan of hot sauce with tossed in cold white meat to warm in the sauce (flame off). Serve over pasta.  Easy!

Or I'll make a curry base and after ALL the veg/liquid is done, simply add a few lbs. of diced chicken and voila!

But I'm running out of ideas... we don't need to be eating Pasta every meal and a lot of rice with the Indian.

I'd like to find other flavor profiles to make where I can simply "add chicken at the end" and I've got a family meal.

Remember the chicken is already cooked and stored cold.

Thanks for [hopefully] some great ideas!!!

Jaymer...

jaymer

jaymer

I have large amounts of SV chicken, both white (boneless, skinless breast) & dark (boneless, skinless thighs).

I already use it for LOTS of stuff... from chicken to go in kids' lunches to quickly toss onto salad.

Its super quick to stir fry/saute some onions/brocc and toss in chicken.

Easy italian is a pan of hot sauce with tossed in cold white meat to warm in the sauce (flame off). Serve over pasta.  Easy!

Or I'll make a curry base and after ALL the veg/liquid is done, simply add a few lbs. of diced chicken and voila!

But I'm running out of ideas... we don't need to be eating Pasta every meal and a lot of rice with the Indian.

I'd like to find other flavor profiles to make where I can simply "add chicken at the end" and I've got a family meal.

Remember the chicken is already cooked and stored cold.

Thanks for [hopefully] some great ideas!!!

Jaymer...