• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

Thank you Chromedome and Lisa. 

Our food processor arrived yesterday and we made a small amount of the frozen banana mix. 

I was supprised, it was better than I thought. I wish we had some cocoa powder but will get some in a few days time. 

We liked the soft serve mix, it was all eaten so none to go in the freezer but we may add some sugar when we do. 

We're looking forward to trying a  pineapple version. 

Thanks for the heads up and explanation of the astringency, may a bit of cocoa powder or fresh mint for flavourings may cover the banana version. 

Cheers and Thanks,

Alex. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

Our food processor arrived yesterday and we made a small amount of the frozen banana mix. 

I was supprised, it was better than I thought. I wish we had some cocoa powder but will get some in a few days time. 

We we liked the soft serve mix, it was all eaten so none to go in the freezer but we may add some sugar when we do. 

Thanks for the heads up and explanation of the astringency, may a bit of cocoa powder or fresh mint for flavourings may cover the banana version. 

Cheers and Thanks,

Alex. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

I was supprised, it was better than I thought. I wish we had come cocoa powder but will get some in a few days time. 

We we liked the soft serve mix, it was all eaten so none to go in the freezer but we may add some sugar when we do. 

Cheers and Thanks,

Alex. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

I wad supprised, it was better than I thought. I wish we had come cocoa powder but will get some in a few days time. 

Cheers and Thanks,

Alex. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

Thank you Chomedome and Lisa. 

I wad supprised, it was better than I thought. I wish we had come cocoa powder but will get some in a few days time. 

Cheers and Thanks,

Alex.