• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

Well that will be our next replacement food processor then. :-) Thanks Lisa. 

We shall buy 12kg of bananas when our food processor arrives and freeze the nana's and blitz them up. 

Any idea about changing and influencing the flavour, as to mint or chocolate?

I'm sure we find some coco powder somewhere in a store, but mint essence oil will be rare as hens teeth or rocking horse manure around here. Even coco powder take a special blessing to find.

I suppose we could blend in 50% pineapple or mango to the banana base for different flavours. 

I do wonder what the jackfruit may taste like. We have tropical fruit and vegetables. We may even use a bit of spinach and real mint if we can't find mint essence oil. The spinach adding a green colour and adding a bit of iron to the diet. 

If anyone has any good ideas for flavours we can try?

We have coffee and tea grown here in the mountains, so maybe a caffeine influenced recipe would be good. 

Also lots and lots of coconuts, so a coconut recipe using the flesh and maybe the coconut water inside maybe. 

The lads like the coconut water as the nutrients are good for replacing the salts lost in dehydtation, isotopic, a bit like a sports drink. 

Cheers. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

We shall buy 12kg of bananas when our food processor arrives and freeze the nana's and blitz them up. 

I'm sure we find some coco powder somewhere in a store, but mint essence oil will be rare as hens teeth or rocking horse manure around here. Even coco powder take a special blessing to find.

I suppose we could blend in 50% pineapple or mango to the banana base for different flavours. 

I do wonder what the jackfruit may taste like. We have tropical guitar and vegetables. We may even use a bit of spinach and real mint if we can't find mint essence oil. The spinach adding a green colour and adding a bit of iron to the diet. 

We have coffee and tea grown here in the mountains, so maybe a caffeine influenced recipe would be good. 

Also lots and lots of coconuts, so a coconut recipe using the flesh and maybe the coconut water inside maybe. 

The lads like the coconut water as the nutrients are good for replacing the salts lost in dehydtation, isotopic, a bit like a sports drink. 

Cheers. 

Boucaneer

Boucaneer

I do wonder what the jackfruit may taste like. We have tropical guitar and vegetables. We may even use a bit of spinach and real mint if we can't find mint essence oil. The spinach adding a green colour and adding a bit of iron to the diet. 

Also so lots and lots of coconuts, so a coconut recipe using the flesh and maybe the coconut water inside maybe. 

Cheers.