• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

After our boat trip we went to the Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in St. John's. There we had "tea in the crypt".  The place was packed and since the place is run by volunteers, service was a bit slow, but very friendly.  Even the priest was in attendance making small talk at every table and welcoming everyone. This is not a formal English tea.  It is mostly sweet except for a couple of scones.  Altogether a splendid way to spend an hour, and a bargain at $10 per person.  Missing from the last picture are a couple of scones.  Someone had scoffed them before I had a chance to take the picture.

20160826_143545.jpg

Hey - I see Cape Breton Pork Pies there don't I?

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

After our boat trip we went to the Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in St. John's. There we had "tea in the crypt".  The place was packed and since the place is run by volunteers, service was a bit slow, but very friendly.  Even the priest was in attendance making small talk at every table and welcoming everyone. This is not a formal English tea.  It is mostly sweet except for a couple of scones.  Altogether a splendid way to spend an hour, and a bargain at $10 per person.  Missing from the last picture are a couple of scones.  Someone had scoffed them before I had a chance to take the picture.

20160826_141839.jpg

20160826_143545.jpg

20160826_144809.jpg

Hey - I see Cape Breton Pork Pies there don't I?