• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

Sunday Lunch

We had Sunday lunch in the hotel again, so inevitably there are some overlaps/repeats - but if it was good first time round - and it was - we weren't complaining.

So:

IMG_3158.jpg

Beef Hotpot

IMG_3170.jpg

Mixed Vegetables with

IMG_3172.jpg

Black Chicken (Silkie) with

IMG_3173.jpg

Stewed Chicken

IMG_3176.jpg

Steamed Shrimp

IMG_3179.jpg

Dry Fried Green Beans with Minced Pork and

IMG_3183.jpg

This is some kind of aquatic plant. The locals called it "seaweed" but Hunan is landlocked and hundreds of miles from the sea, so I am sceptical. It was good though.

IMG_3187.jpg

Pork, Celery and

IMG_3189.jpg

Stir Fried Carrot Slices with

IMG_3194.jpg

Roast Duck

IMG_3197.jpg

Turbot again - no complaints

IMG_3207.jpg

These were fun! Grade 1 Shiitake mushrooms.

IMG_3234.jpg

Except, they aren't mushrooms at all! They are steamed buns. Sadly, in my view, they were filled with sweet bean paste. A spicy duxelles or similar would have been perfect. But they amused us.

IMG_3195.jpg

Coming next: Sunday dinner.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Sunday Lunch

We had Sunday lunch in the hotel again, so inevitable there are some overlaps/repeats - but if it was good first time round - and it was - we weren't complaining.

So:

IMG_3158.jpg

Beef Hotpot

IMG_3170.jpg

Mixed Vegetables with

IMG_3172.jpg

Black Chicken (Silkie) with

IMG_3173.jpg

Stewed Chicken

IMG_3176.jpg

Steamed Shrimp

IMG_3179.jpg

Dry Fried Green Beans with Minced Pork and

IMG_3183.jpg

This is some kind of aquatic plant. The locals called it "seaweed" but Hunan is landlocked and hundreds of miles from the sea, so I am sceptical. It was good though.

IMG_3187.jpg

Pork, Celery and

IMG_3189.jpg

Stir Fried Carrot Slices with

IMG_3194.jpg

Roast Duck

IMG_3197.jpg

Turbot again - no complaints

IMG_3207.jpg

These were fun! Grade 1 Shiitake mushrooms.

IMG_3234.jpg

Except, they aren't mushrooms at all! They are steamed buns. Sadly, in my view, they were filled with sweet bean paste. A spicy duxelles or similar would have been perfect. But they amused us.

IMG_3195.jpg

Coming next: Sunday dinner.