• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

Speaking of cocktails, I made bourbon/lemonade drink for the first time and it was great!

Mason Jar Bourbonade

1 lemon
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup bourbon
Crushed ice
Club soda

Halve lemon. Cut lemon half into quarters; reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Place lemon quarters and sugar in a pint-size jar. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle lemon wedges. Add water, bourbon, and ice. Cover and shake for about 20 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Top with club soda.

I used Jack Danials since it was handy, tonight it's Maker's Mark.

Edited to add: I should have mentioned that I found 3 Tbsps. sugar was too much for me.  I decreased the amt first by 1/2 Tbsps. And then by 1 Tbsp. which I liked better.

lindag

lindag

Speaking of cocktails, I made bourbon/lemonade drink for the first time and it was great!

Mason Jar Bourbonade

1 lemon
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup bourbon
Crushed ice
Club soda

Halve lemon. Cut lemon half into quarters; reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Place lemon quarters and sugar in a pint-size jar. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle lemon wedges. Add water, bourbon, and ice. Cover and shake for about 20 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Top with club soda.

I used Jack Danials since it was handy, tonight it's Maker's Mark.