• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cyalexa

cyalexa

14 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks for the invite but unless you bar is VERY ADEQUATELY STOCKED I will give it a miss. Even the thought of needing a storm shelter...  This though from someone who grew up with a bomb shelter in the back yard!  I dunno.  But I never claimed to make much sense even to myself.  

If you will come I will buy anything you like for the bar (although I would have to make a trip to Dallas to find the much of it!). You, however, will have to be the bartender. I would be incompetent.  

I never lived in a home with a bomb shelter but remember the bomb shelter signs posted about in the neighborhood. My storm shelter also functions as a safe-deposit box. No chance of fire destruction and locked unless a storm is approaching. 

cyalexa

cyalexa

8 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks for the invite but unless you bar is VERY ADEQUATELY STOCKED I will give it a miss. Even the thought of needing a storm shelter...  This though from someone who grew up with a bomb shelter in the back yard!  I dunno.  But I never claimed to make much sense even to myself.  

If you will come I will buy anything you like for the bar (although I would have to make a trip to Dallas to find the much of it!). You, however, will have to be the bartender. I would be incompetent.  

I never lived in a home with a storm shelter but remember the storm shelter signs posted about in the neighborhood. My storm shelter also functions as a safe-deposit box. No chance of fire destruction and locked unless a storm is approaching.