• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg

So we sort of have an informal agreement that we post our failures as well as our successes. This was my attempt at pizza dough following member Ann_T's adaptation of a recipe from Ken Forkish.  However being as I am math challenged I added 100 mL additional water to half the recipe althoug Ann_T only added it to the full recipe. The dough threatened to overtake the whole kitchen as it slid off the counter, down the cabinet fronts, across the floor until it almost reached the front porch before I could coral it with my bench scraper. But I soldiered on and this is the result. 

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg

So we sort of have an informal agreement that we post our failures as well as our successes. This was my attempt at pizza dough following member Annadaptation of a recipe from Ken Forkish.  However being as I am math challenged I added 100 mL additional water to half the recipe althoug Ann_T only added it to the full recipe. The dough threatened to overtake the whole kitchen as it slid off the counter, down the cabinet fronts, across the floor until it almost reached the front porch before I could coral it with my bench scraper. But I soldiered on and this is the result.