• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I do wish I had known (well, I knew but didn't really think too much about it) about Ecuador as being a land of little people before I bought my house in Nova Scotia. I never met the person who designed and put in the kitchen here but I think she must have been very tall ... I swear the counters in this house are either higher than normal or I shrank. I should have just bought in Ecuador where the world appears designed for hobbits like me - and saved myself having to use a table or a stool to do much around here. I am glad though that you found the exception to the (Ecuadorian kitchen design) rule, Panaderia, because obviously for you doing all that baking on a lower counter would have been very difficult.

Deryn

Deryn

I do wish I had known (well, I knew but didn't really think too much about it) about Ecuador as a land of little people before I bought my house in Nova Scotia. I never met the person who designed and put in the kitchen here but I think she must have been very tall ... I swear the counters in this house are either higher than normal or I shrank. I should have just bought in Ecuador where the world appears designed for hobbits like me - and saved myself having to use a table or a stool to do much around here. I am glad though that you found the exception to the (Ecuadorian kitchen design) rule, Panaderia, because obviously for you doing all that baking on a lower counter would have been very difficult.