• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Ok .. it is obvious I need to haul out all my father's old Spanish dictionaries and grammar books - and learn the language. Thanks for the link to the Manitoba site, Panaderia - it is fortunate it has pictures though since the only word I really recognized was Macadamia (which is one of my 2 favorite nuts!). I will have to think carefully though about whether I want to ship in large boxes of anything from Columbia (perhaps that is best left to larger, more established companies who already have a good relationship with Customs) .. but I will definitely look for the peanuts and/or macadamias where ever I go from now on. 

Wracking my brain for the kind of nut you are talking about - I can taste them, see them but can't name them either right now. Not beer nuts but larger, round, with a crunchy sweet coating?  

Someday, not in this blog perhaps (but when you are rested up in a few weeks), perhaps you could share your hot cross bun recipe with us all, Panaderia, please. I know Easter will be over by then, but, in my house, I can make fanesca and/or hot cross buns any darned time I feel like it. :) And now you have me craving hot cross buns - a decent version of which I have not had in many years now. Meanwhile, take it easy if you can. I am sure you won't admit it - and you are young yet - but the blog added a lot of work to your already busy life, and had to be tiring this past week. Thanks again to you (and your wonderful parents) for sharing so much with us all.

Deryn

Deryn

Ok .. it is obvious I need to haul out all my father's old Spanish dictionaries and grammar books - and learn the language. Thanks for the link to the Manitoba site, Panaderia - it is fortunate it has pictures though since the only word I really recognized was Macadamia (which is one of my 2 favorite nuts!). I will have to think carefully though about whether I want to ship in large boxes of anything from Columbia (perhaps that is best left to larger, more established companies who already have a good relationship with Customs) .. but I will definitely look for the peanuts and/or macadamias where ever I go from now on. 

Wracking my brain for the kind of nut you are talking about - I can taste them, see them but can't name them either right now. Not beer nuts but larger, round, with a crunchy sweet coating?  

Someday, not in this blog perhaps (but when you are rested up in a few weeks), perhaps you could share your hot cross bun recipe with us all, Panaderia, please. I know Easter will be over by then, but, in my house, I can make fanesca and/or hot cross buns any darned time I feel like it. :) And now you have me craving hot cross buns - a decent version of which I have not had in many years now. Meanwhile, take it easy if you can. I am sure you won't admit it - and you are young yet - but the blog added to your already busy life, has had to be tiring this past week. Thanks again to you (and your wonderful parents) for sharing so much with us all.