• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

London grammar

Dinner was at Tapeo & Co, Tripadvisor's #1 tapas restaurant in Koln.

IMG_20221010_235304.thumb.jpg.c3b75bb5e6fb34ee86109123c7c7617e.jpg

Fabulously crispy and tasty patatas bravas with aioli but no tomato/chilli sauce. Fried fish combo, sadly the fish was not the freshest. Pork in a rosemary and grilled orange sauce that was quite simply stupendous. I've never tasted this before and I can't wait to try it again. Gambas pil pil was fine, it arrived sizzling with plenty of garlic but needed more chilli and paprika. Chicken rellenos stuffed with dates in a white sauce, again excellent.

The service was helpful and smooth. Staff spoke English, and in fact our lovely waitress who had arrived from Argentina only a month ago spoke only a few words of German but perfect English!

Mrs K loved her meal, and her glass of sangria, actually her first alcoholic drink in Cologne. The drink you see in the photo above is a Zombie. I've never had one before. Wow! So delicious!

Kerala

Kerala

Dinner was at Tapeo & Co, Tripadvisor's #1 tapas restaurant in Koln.

IMG_20221010_235304.thumb.jpg.c3b75bb5e6fb34ee86109123c7c7617e.jpg

Fabulously crispy and tasty patatas bravas with aioli but no tomato/chilli sauce. Fried fish combo, sadly the fish was not the freshest. Pork in a rosemary and grilled orange sauce that was quite simply stupendous. I've never tasted this before and I can't wait to try it again. Gambas pil pil was fine, it arrived sizzling with plenty of garlic but needed more chilli and paprika. Chicken rellenos stuffed with dates in a white sauce, again excellent.

The service was helpful and smooth. Staff spoke English, and in fact our lovely waitress who had arrived from Argentina only a month ago and spoke only a few words of German but perfect English!

Mrs K loved her meal, and her glass of sangria, actually her first alcoholic drink in Cologne. The drink you see in the photo above is a Zombie. I've never had one before. Wow! So delicious!