• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Sorry you didn't get to try the local blood sausage. It's quite a different kind of blood sausage and it's delicious! Nobody knows what I'm talking about unless they have tried it .

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I could finally slag it off. Koelsch is not for me. I'm no coward, had to do it to find out for myself.

NFTyXku.jpg

I love southern style, too. My first love of German beer began in Bamberg, Franconia. But, in Franconia sitting in a rural Biergarten under a linden tree contemplating the universe and realising how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the little things in life. It's not like drinking yourself into a coma like Oktoberfest kind of event.

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

Another favourite spot of mine in Duesseldorf for Hausmannkost (home-style food).

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

On the same day they had a football match. This pre football match experience was just as brutal as in Rotherham, but here everyone was calm and considerate. I would not want to experience this again in Rotherham (or Sheffield), where I happened to be on that day, quite unknowingly.

sLv1cg9.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Sorry you didn't get to try the local blood sausage. It's quite a different kind of blood sausage and it's delicious! Nobody knows what I'm talking about unless they have tried it .

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I could finally slag it off. Koelsch is not for me. I'm no coward, had to do it to find out for myself.

NFTyXku.jpg

I love southern style, too. My first love of German beer began in Bamberg, Franconia. But, in Franconia sitting in a rural Biergarten under a linden tree contemplating the universe and realising how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the little things in life. It's not like drinking yourself into a coma like Oktoberfest kind of event.

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

Another favourite spot of mine in Duesseldorf for Hausmannkost (home-style food).

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

The same day they had a football match. This pre football match experience was just as brutal as in Rotherham, but here everyone was calm and considerate. I would not want to experience this again in Rotherham, where I happened to be on that day, quite unknowingly.

sLv1cg9.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I could finally slag it off. Koelsch is not for me. I'm no coward, dad to do it to find out for myself.

NFTyXku.jpg

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

The same day they had a football match. This pre football match experience was just as brutal as in Rotherham, but here everyone was calm and considerate. I would not want to experience this again in Rotherham, where I happened to be on that day, quite unknowingly.

sLv1cg9.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I could finally slag it off. Koelsch is not for me. I'm no yakking cowward, dad to do it to find out for myself.

NFTyXku.jpg

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

sLv1cg9.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I could finally slag it off. Koelsch is not for me. I'm no yakking cowward, dad to do it to find out for myself.

NFTyXku.jpg

I love southern style, too. My first love of German beer began in Bamberg, Franconia. But, in Franconia sitting in a rural Biergarten under a linden tree contemplating the universe and realising how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the little things in life.

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

sLv1cg9.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

hV5oqhm.jpg

Drinking, Duesseldorf style. I'm partial to Altbier. After 5 days of Koelsch pub scrawl I finally could slag it off. Koelsch is not for me.

NFTyXku.jpg

I love southern style, too. My first love of German beer began in Bamberg, Franconia. But, in Franconia sitting in a rural Biergarten under a linden tree contemplating the universe and realising how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the little things in life.

In awe. Respect, please.

7Q2f4Lq.jpg

RXOqqHa.jpg

X0XH4BJ.jpg

vN3D1Qb.jpg

ReFpbsh.jpg

sLv1cg9.jpg