• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Natura ThermoChef

nickrey

I've been looking avariciously at the Thermomix but couldn't justify the almost $2,000 price tag that we are slugged with in Australia.

Today I came across the Natura ThermoChef, which has most of the features of the Thermomix at around $900.

They are Spanish designed and made in China (along with much of the rest of the goods produced in the world these days).

I've read a number of side by side comparisons and they seem to be similar in functionality to one of the older Thermomix models. Not quite as powerful and a few less bells and whistles but with a $1,000 price differential, there'd have to be significant differences for me to justify spending the extra amount on a product bound for domestic use.

Has anyone had any experience using Thermochef? Any comments?

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog