• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

The bottled stuff is pretty vile like most bottled dressings. I enjoy the fresher tasting ones that you can buy in the cold case and have enjoyed the one you make with the dry packet. My 96 year old father had it for the first time recently at a local institution Americanized Mexican place and fell in love. It had a really fresh taste. He can't tolerate vinegary foods anymore so this was a revelation to the old salad lover. It was the fresh stuff not the chemical yuck.  I offered to get hm some but he insisted in knowing the nutritional data first. Mind boggling attitude......

heidih

heidih

The bottled stuff is pretty vile like most bottled dressings. I enjoy the fresher tasting ones that you can buy in the cold case and have enjoyed the one you make with the dry packet. My 96 year old father had it for the first time recently at a local institution Americanized Mexican place and fell in love. It had a really fresh taste. He can't tolerate vinegary foods anymore so this was a re of the good stuff velation to the old salad lover.  I offered to get hm some but he insisted in knowing the nutritional data first. Mind boggling attitude......