• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

demiglace

demiglace

On 12/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, kayb said:

Speaking of regional favorites, right now Sonic is selling its chili frito pies. Which it now makes in a coney tray, not in the single-serve Frito bag slit down the side, like it used to. Is nothing sacred? Still, no one makes a chili pie like Sonic. If they sold "Sonic brand" canned chili at the grocery, I'd buy it to go on tamales, as I've been known to do with the regular containers of chili.

And I love their onion rings. Garden variety frozen onion rings, but the onions are wonderfully sweet, and they hit the sweet spot for crunchy but not soggy and not overdone rings.

And of course, cherry limeade.

Ok, so a coney island tray is a baking pan. What is a coney tray, a disposable CIT?

demiglace

demiglace

On 12/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, kayb said:

Speaking of regional favorites, right now Sonic is selling its chili frito pies. Which it now makes in a coney tray, not in the single-serve Frito bag slit down the side, like it used to. Is nothing sacred? Still, no one makes a chili pie like Sonic. If they sold "Sonic brand" canned chili at the grocery, I'd buy it to go on tamales, as I've been known to do with the regular containers of chili.

And I love their onion rings. Garden variety frozen onion rings, but the onions are wonderfully sweet, and they hit the sweet spot for crunchy but not soggy and not overdone rings.

And of course, cherry limeade.

Ok so a coney island tray is a baking pan. What pray tell is a coney tray?