• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Strasbourg

cabrales

Not that I want to give Pumpkino any good advice but, I'm not sure how long ago Jaybee ate at Maison Kammerzell. It was taken over by the Flo Group a number of years ago and now serves the same commercial kitchen food that the other restaurants in the chain serve. But fortunately yhey don't serve any pasta.

Not that I want to give Pumpkino any good advice - But fortunately yhey don't serve any pasta.

I would definately not take it from you Mr Plotniski, we have different taste buds. Furthermore I would never order the ubiquitious pasta in France, they have no idea how to cook it the Italian way. :wink:

Steve - I'm afraid that as you can't eat pasta (gluten?), then you aren't able to interact with the pasta on meaningful level that would allow you to make any significant contrabution to the subject matter - according to the book of Plotnicki that is. :wink:

Sorry Dude, but no matter what you write about pasta, as you just cannot "get it" then such a topic would be a bit of a non-starter :laugh: .

Steve, somebody who has eaten no pasta for the last dozen years-somebody who pasta makes sick,in fact- is just not expert enough in the field to be able to say anything relevant about pasta. Those of us who eat pasta all the time and spend lots of money on pasta have a level of insight and expertise into pasta that you just don't have and it baffles me that people like you seem unwilling to accept that.

You must be a commie.

Was that one of DNA's then? Never bother to remember these things myself, once you have accepted that you aren't an original thinker then it's just a little sad to keep tabs on these things and pretend that you are outside of popular culture. Once you relise that you are a goldfish, why bother with the how and whys of the bowl. 'Course if this what you do for a living, well that's OK too, all part of the great illusion of existance..

"Punter" is a mis-spelling? :smile:

Yes of course he meant "pundit" :biggrin:

Seriously - Peter - if you do a search, there have been a lot of Strasbourg recs in the last few months, Lizziee and JayRayner come to mind - probably there are others too.

What is it with you guys ? You must have all taken your meanie pills today.

Ooh Goodie, and we can get an emoticom of a half a cricket team for the English? Very iconic.

Then we could get one of half a brain to represent an australian academic. is there such a thing? Don't you get a degree in Oz for knowing how to open a can of XXXX without cutting yourself?

:biggrin:

thank god for those emoticons, eh?

S

Adam - my Latin is a bit rusty, does you signature mean - 'I hate frogs'?

Is that a) an indication of your anti-amphibian stance, b) a food allergy, c) an ethnic slur ?

- signed, "an ironically challenged American" (this means I don't get enough iron) :biggrin:

(full disclosure: I edited this because I didn't realise that the 'quote' I took from Adam's comment did not include his signature, and the quote itself was irrelevant to my post)

Edited by magnolia (log)