• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mid-Afternoon in Midtown

rooftop1000

Hi all

We are planning to go see the Macy's baloons being inflated Wednesday afternoon and my husband thinks a late lunch early dinner before heading up there is a good idea. I thought we would grab dinner afterwards but it is his B'day...

Any ideas, casual (will be dressed for walking in the cold) probabley more Euro than Asian leaning, Brasserie kind of maybe?

Mid 50s up to 80th

Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Well It was nearly dinnertime...5:30 when we snuck into Nice Matin without a reservation. The hostess said we had an hour. We opted for the Prix Fix menu starting with Butternut Squash Risotto and Escargot and moving on to the Hanger Steak served with spinach and onions rings and the Monkfish with a white bean and chorizo ragout. Delicious one and all, Snails out of the shells in a butter sauce with shaved garlic and crunchy bread crumb topping to a steak cooked a beautiful bleu. Desserts were the Creme Brulee and the dark chocolate Pot du Creme.Oh my 4 oz of what is essentially dark chocolate ganache with fresh whipped cream and 2 chocolate nut cookies...that was damn good

Tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association