• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 7/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, kayb said:

I don't drink Bloody Marys too often, but when I do, it's Tito's vodka (my go-to for everything except a vodka martini, for which I use Chopin or Grey Goose), home-canned tomato juice (far and away above commercial, and the big reason I can tomato juice)...

Homemade tomato juice sounds like a real upgrade. One problem I have is that even fancy / delicious brands of tomato juice typically have way too much salt. It's one reason I usually skip the celery salt. 

paulraphael

paulraphael

23 hours ago, kayb said:

I don't drink Bloody Marys too often, but when I do, it's Tito's vodka (my go-to for everything except a vodka martini, for which I use Chopin or Grey Goose), home-canned tomato juice (far and away above commercial, and the big reason I can tomato juice)...

Homemade tomato juice sounds like a real upgrade. One problem I have is that even the fancy / delicious brands of tomato juice I've found have way too much salt. It's one reason I usually skip the celery salt.