• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kofta kebabs

ellencho

Kofta kebabs

Serves 6.

This recipe makes six kebabs. However, it is easily doubled/tripled/whatever to serve as many guests as you like.

I've never made this recipe with anything other than flat metal skewers, but I have a feeling it would be a pain to get this meat to stick around a regular round thin bamboo skewer. But, if you can't get your hands on flat metal skewers I bet you could just make flat patties and grill them like you would a burger.

Don't be afraid to make this recipe without a grill. I have tried this under the broiler and it turned out just fine.

• 1 lb ground lean meat of your choice
  • 1 large onion, finely minced
  • 1/2 c minced herbs (I used 1/3 mint and 2/3 parsley)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground coriander
  • a pinch of cinnamon powder
  • a pinch of cardamom powder

Mix thoroughly, and allow to chill in the fridge for an hour. Before grilling, separate into six servings and then load it up onto your skewers or form into patties. When the grill is hot, lube up the grates with some cooking oil. Grill at high heat until they're cooked to your liking.

Keywords: Main Dish, Easy, Middle Eastern, Grill

( RG1763 )

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda