• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Elizabeth_11

Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Serves 15 as Dessert.

These are my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookies! They're big, fat, and chewy--and finally you can eat just one, they are just that big and satisfying! This recipe is adapted from the Cook's Illustrated version, only with some minor adjustments to my taste. Enjoy!

• 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 c unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 c semisweet chocolate chips

1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

2. Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. Add egg, then the yolk. Stir in dry ingredients, then fold in chocolate chips until incorporated. Refrigerate dough until firm (at least 30 minutes).

3. Drop 1/4 cup sized "puck-shaped" mounds of dough onto baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for approximately10-12 minutes or ONLY until the edges begin to turn golden. (They'll look underdone, but trust me, they're perfect)! Cool and enjoy!

Yields about 12-15 BIG cookies!

Keywords: Dessert, American, Easy, Chocolate, Cookie

( RG430 )

-Elizabeth

Mmmmmmm chocolate.