• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly.com

The current update of "The Philly Dish" on Philly.com features no other than our favorite bartender Katie Loeb. Shown making basil thai syrup for her cocktails in the kitchen at Chicks. Then stirring one up behind the bar with Maria the Philly Dish girl. later the chef show up with a plate of fish for Maria

Nice pub for Chicks, too bad it did not appear when katie was still working there.

Maria the Philly Dish girl seemed a little too wide-eyed and gigly for my taste, and I though maybe for Katie's as well.

But is was nice to see katie making cocktails, which is what she loves to do.

Thanks Mike! I found out this appeared today and just watched it for the first time. Timing was ironic, but it was filmed about 6 weeks ago, and with production time it coincidentally turned out to appear just after my tenure at Chick's. Maria is lovely, and was a regular at Chick's, so I know her heart was really in it. It was really kind of her to suggest us for one of the Philly Dish segments. I love how pretty Chick's looks in the video. It's a beautiful old bar and I will miss it very much. A pretty back bar makes the bartender prettier, you know... :wink:

My good friend Phoebe has all my drink recipes as well as a dangerously creative brain of her own, so I have no fear for the cocktails at Chick's, nor the folks that might come in seeking a Front Stoop Lemonade. They can still get one if they want. And all the rest of my "secrets" are coming with me to Oyster House, so I'll still be shaking stuff up and being my usual crazy self, just at a different bar.

Philly Dish - Chick's Cafe & Wine Bar

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol