• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crema Restaurante

trufflebride

Crema

111 W 17th St

(212) 691-4477

www.cremarestaurante.com

Has anyone been here?

I've been to Crema two or three times, though none in the last year. I really enjoyed it, and would put in on a par with the most ambitious "haute Mexican" places in town (Pampano, Toloache, Suenos, etc.). It's a little more modern than some of the others, and a bit less authentic, though not in a bad way. I'd say the style is one of the most refined of the modern upscale Mexican places. Plating tends to be more ambitious than others in the genre, and portions are certainly sufficient, but not huge like those at the burrito and enchilada mills. Hope this helps. I've been meaning to get back there and will report in if I get the chance.