• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TotC Apprenticeship

RoyalSwagger

Supposedly the juicing has been outsourced due to shall I say, some "sour" attitudes.

anyone know who sets up the volunteering for TOTC... last year i felt like i should have been working and would have been glad to volunteer... i don't want to drink frozen lime juice this year.

who do people apprentice under with cointreau?

abstract expressionist beverage compounder

creator of acquired tastes

bostonapothecary.com

From a Tales of the Cocktail press release:

Cointreau® Liqueur is proud to partner with the 2009 Tales of the Cocktail, the premier cocktail and culinary festival that celebrates the history and culture of dining and drinking in New Orleans July 8 - 12. At this years Tales of the Cocktail festival, Cointreau will host a multitude of events, including the Cointreau Apprentice Program (CAP). . . . Apprentices are selected from around the United States, and will enjoy a cocktail tour of historical New Orleans while joined by master mixologists, before embarking on several days of shadowing, and learning from, some of the most skilled veterans of the cocktail industry.

From the list, in addition to RoyalSwagger, former eG Forums host Erik (eje) is one of this year's apprentices.

Congratulations!

I don't know anyone who would be crazy enough to volunteer for the Tales Cocktail Apprenticeship Program. That would be madness.

"I hate Cocktails" seems to ring some sort of bell.

Great shirt, Ryan.

Uh, right, anyway. Does this count as a mid-life crisis?

Instead of a red Ferrari or torrid affair, flirting with bartending?

Aside from myself and many great bartenders from around the U.S., the esteemed gentlemen who are running the program this year are John Deragon and Don Lee.

I believe I've seen them around here from time to time.

Edited by eje (log)

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA