• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Creton

Badiane

I work with a young woman from Quebec who has come to BC for a couple of years to learn English and have an adventure. She's celebrating her first birthday away from home, and she has no family here, so I want to give her a little piece of home.

Yesterday we were talking about Creton...and she was saying how much she misses being able to get it, so I thought I would make her some. I found a few recipes, but I don't know creton from crouton, so if someone could provide me with a home style recipe, that would be great.

Also, does anyone know if the creton at Tim Hortons in Quebec has cloves and cinnamon in it? or is it really plain? She mentioned that it was similar to her grandmothers, so I thought maybe someone might be able to tell me.

Thanks!

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten