• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anything good right near Fine Arts Theatre in LA?

Swicks

Hey all,

I will be up in LA for a movie screening with a friend at the Fine Arts Theatre on Wilshire in Beverly Hills. Is there anywhere withing a block or so that would be good for a quick drink and maybe a bite? My friend mentioned a Persian restaurant right next door?

rjwong?

Thanks for the insight.

-SW

Edited because I is a badd speelar.

Edited by Swicks (log)

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

Hey all,

I will be up in LA for a movie screening with a friend at the Fine Arts Theatre on Wilshire in Beverly Hills.  Is there anywhere withing a block or so that would be good for a quick drink and maybe a bite?  My friend mentioned a Persian restaurant right next door?

rjwong?

No, Swicks, I don't live within a block or so of the Fine Arts Theatre. :raz::raz:

Mind you, the Fine Arts Theatre is about one block west of the old Restaurant Row (i.e., La Cienega Blvd.). The Lodge, The Stinkin' Rose, Lawry's the Prime Rib, Matsuhisa, Gonpachi, Fogo de Chao, Woo Lae Oak, Arnie Morton's of Chicago ...

So what's the movie??

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

A friend of mine works for Variety and she is taking me to their special early screening of "No Country for Old Men" the new Cohen brothers film. It should be fun.

Thanks for the info Russell, you are the LA guru as usual! We will be pretty short on time I think so we may just have to pick the first thing that is not crowded.

If we have more time, a lot depends on my work schedule, is it possible to walk into to Mozza at around 5 or 530 and get a seat or two at the bar? Is it usually full by then?

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

I'm not sure how it is at 5:00 pm, but two of us walked into Pizzeria Mozza at about 12:20 pm last Saturday, and got a table immediately. There was a wait for the counters, and larger groups were waiting for a while for tables. The pizza was certainly as good as any I've had, and the 5 antipasti we had were all interesting and excellent. The wine list is also outstanding. The only problem with it was we ate so much it was hard to get up for dinner.

I'm not sure how it is at 5:00 pm, but two of us walked into Pizzeria Mozza at about 12:20 pm last Saturday, and got a table immediately.  There was a wait for the counters, and larger groups were waiting for a while for tables.  The pizza was certainly as good as any I've had, and the 5 antipasti we had were all interesting and excellent.  The wine list is also outstanding.  The only problem with it was we ate so much it was hard to get up for dinner.

Thanks, I have actually eaten there on two occasions just both at dinner time and was curious about that particular time.