• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Manairó

My brother went to eat to Manairó yesterday and he came back raving. He was so enthusiastic I was thinking of splashing out and going there next week. However, the reviews I've read are mixed...

Fellow eGulleters, has any of you been there? I trust your opinions more than those of anonymous reviewers in other sites or, bless his generous soul, my not particularly gourmet brother!

Mar

Middlebrow Catalan gastronomy??????

http://baixagastronomia.blogspot.com/

We were at Maniaro in May 2006. We left the restaurant with the impression it was very good and probably worth another visit. The bread served was spectacular. The decor was inviting and the staff helpful. Wish we took better notes. Not our top choice. It is certainly in our second tier. Worth a visit. Judith Gebhart

• 1 year later...

I had lunch there today (almost a 4 hour lunch, mind you). It has been the best meals that I have had in Barcelona in the last month. 3 Barcelona industry people told me to go there, to "absolutely go there." Totally under the radar, but an amazing meal. I will post later.