• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sawdust Brownies

Patricia Austin

Hi Folks,

Today at the Farmers' Market where I sell I had a customer ask me if I had ever had "Sawdust Brownies". He said they are made from a real tree in the New England Area and he couldn't remember the name of the tree. I googled it but came up empty. Does anyone know anything about this? I am just being gullible? Please enlighten me if you can.

Thanks!

Patricia

Hi Folks,

Today at the Farmers' Market where I sell I had a customer ask me if I had ever had "Sawdust Brownies".  He said they are made from a real tree in the New England Area and he couldn't remember the name of the tree.  I googled it but came up empty.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I am just being gullible?  Please enlighten me if you can.

There is a recipe for Sawdust Cookies, which look to me like they could be baked in a pan to make brownies.

Why not bake up a batch for next Market Day?

SB (I assume the name comes from their appearance and not the ingredients. :rolleyes: )