Jump to content


participating member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by futronic

  1. A blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot. Served with a grilled rib-eye. Dark ruby red to a punk/violet rim. Lots of thin legs. Aromas of cherry, chocolate, alcohol, bramble, and raspberry. Fresh tasting, a little tart. Medium-bodied with cranberry/cherry fruit. Short, dry finish. A second bottle opened showed much better with more pronounced chocolate and dark fruit on the palate. First bottle - 86 points, second bottle - 88 points.
  2. Dark ruby red, almost opaque. Aromas of vanilla, oak, raspberry, and black fruit. Full-bodied with raspberry, currant, and plums leading to a slightly tart 30+ second finish. 87 points
  3. 70% of the fruit comes from McLaren Vale, the other 30% from Coonawarra. Dark ruby red with aromas of briar, cranberry, violets, currant, and cassis. Full-bodied with pepper, red and black fruits. Moderate finish. Drink now. Score - 87 points.
  4. Dark ruby red to rim. Aromas of vanilla, cassis, and raspberry. Medium-bodied with black fruit and pepper. Moderate dry finish. 87 points.
  5. Dark garnet colour leading to a violet rim. Thick, slow legs. Aromas of pepper, blackberry, raspberry, vanilla, oak, and marachino cherry. A little hot on the nose as well. Medium-full bodied with sour cherries, black fruit, and peppery notes. Dry lingering finish with hints of sour cherry. Needs a couple years to come together. 87 points.
  6. Opaque dark ruby red to rim with tinges of blue/purple. Intense aromas of blueberry, raspberry, and spice. Full-bodied with great fruit following from the nose. Refreshing acidity. Delicious wine with a very pleasant cassis and slate finish. 91 points
  7. Paired with peppered veal tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto with a veal reduction and shitake mushroom sauce. Garnet red to an oranging rim. Slow, thick legs. Nose of raisins, plum, cherries, violets, and crushed black fruit. Full-bodied with dark fruit, spice, mocha, flowers, and a long 45+ second finish. 89 points
  8. Served alongside the '89 Pio Cesare Barolo to contrast Nebbiolo from different parts of Piemonte. Did not decant. Allowed to breathe 45-60 minutes before drinking. Light ruby red leading to an orange rim. Crystal clear in the glass. Pretty, delicate nose with aromas of violets, roses, earth, cherry, saddle. Full-bodied with cherries, anise, flowers, and earth. Complex and delicious with a long, 45+ second lingering finish with a hint of mocha. Drink now. 89-90 points
  9. This was served with filet mignon and green peppercorn cognac cream sauce. Did not decant. Allowed to breathe in the bottle for 45 minutes before drinking. Light-ruby to orange rim. Delicious nose of tar, rose petals, pencil lead, black cherry, lavender, new leather, and blackcurrant. Full-bodied, chewy wine with notes of black fruit, spice, earth, black cherry. Chewy like a Nebbiolo should be, not chewy like Shiraz. Wonderful 45+ second finish. This wine is at its peak. Drink up over the next year or two. 92 points.
  10. I definitely will. I heard about the site in tj's postings on VC, but it was my discussions with vox elsewhere that made me come over and check it out. In the meantime, I'll start posting some TNs.
  11. lol, thanks T. :) Perhaps you'll begin posting when the site comes back up?
  12. Good to see you as well. Hopefully Revlis gets the site back up soon. It's a great forum. Since I keep copies of my notes electronically on my computer, I'll remember to post them here as well. Cut-and-paste is a lovely thing!
  13. Amarone needs a minimum of 5-6 years cellar time from vintage date to really be enjoyable. Top bottlings (Dal Forno, Quintarelli, Allegrini, etc) need even longer. I had a 1990 Masi Amarone a couple weekends ago with dinner and it was tasty and ready to drink. I'll post notes later when I get a second. Post #1 from the rookie ...
  • Create New...