• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chez Pierre

bleudauvergne

IMG_0298.JPG

Chez Pierre is one of my favorite places to eat in Lyon. I explained why in my food blog - click here to read about Chez Pierre.

We recently went back for dinner, because one of Loic's Parisian colleagues was here and requested that we go there for dinner since he'd enjoyed it so much when he was here one year ago.

We took the bus No.1 to Square Jussieu, and walked down the the Quai of the Rhone river until we passed La Canadienne, and turned left on rue Mazenod. His adress is No. 2.

Mr. Pierre brought out lovely things to eat :

My entree - fois gras au torchon.

IMG_0286.JPG

(I didn't get the other two entrees as photos but it was the terrine de lapin and a meli melo aux viennoises de caille)

Loic ordered the magret de canard with sauce griotte -

IMG_0293.JPG

Gilles had a wonderful veal dish with morels -

IMG_0296.JPG

Pierre brought me a succulent fillet of sandre with bone marrow.

IMG_0291.JPG

In addition to wonderful food, I felt a sense of relief. The man was at his usual table for dinner.

IMG_0289.JPG

In all it was a memorable meal. :smile:

Edited by bleudauvergne (log)